If you are interested in hosting an officiating training course for your organization, please read the information below, thenApply Here!
Why host a course?
Benefits for Coach:
Benefits for Club:
Benefits for Players:
Benefits for LRO:
Benefits for SBRO:
Prior to the Course:
Determine a location for the course. You will need both classroom space and gymnasium or field space.
- If you plan to use field space, be sure to have a contingency plan for bad weather
- You or the rental facility must provide AV equipment (projector, AV cords, etc.)
Determine a date/ time for the course. Training courses run from two hours to two days, depending on the course. Be sure to reserve ample time at your course location.
- Touch Judge Course: 4 hours (can be taught online)
- Assistant Referee Course: 4 hours (can be taught online)
- Level 1 (15s) Officiating Course: 8 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Level 2 (15s) Officiating Course: 16 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Level 1 (7s) Officiating Course: 8 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Level 2 (7s) Officiating Course: 16 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Coaching of Match Officials 1: 8 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Coaching of Match Officials 2: 16 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
- Evaluator Course: 16 hours (can be split into multiple sessions)
Determine if there will be any fees above and beyond the course registration fees
- These administrative fees can be used to cover the cost of lunch or facilities
- Administrative fees will be paid on site and are separate from USA Rugby course fees
Contact USA Rugby’s accredited educators to determine their availability
- To see a map of current educators and to retrieve their contact information, please click here.
Make Lunch Plans
- We recommend that you make plans to provide lunch or have lunch delivered to the course if the course is scheduled for more than 4 hours.
- Please be sure to offer vegetarian options for your participants
- If you are not providing lunch please ensure that there are adequate food options within WALKING distance from the course site.
He will need to know:
- Course Location (full mailing address)
- Course Date
- Course Level
- Start and end time for the course
- Course Instructor’s name and email address
- Whether or not lunch is provided
- What is the minimum and maximum number of attendees you require to host a course
- Is there an extra administrative fee associated with the course to cover food and site expenses
- If so, how much?
- Who should the check be made out to?
- He will post the course online, open registration, and send a notification to the pertinent groups
Day of the Course:
You will need:
- AV Equipment (if not provided by the site)
- Speakers (if laptop speakers are not loud enough)
- Extension cords/ power strips