The Atlanta Renegades RFC is hosting the 1st Annual Rugby for Heroes rugby tournament. High School, College, Military and Men's Division I rugby clubs from across the Southeast will converge on Silverbacks Stadium for a full day of rugby.
What is different about this Saturday is that the tournament will raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project and Paws4Vets. These two organizations provide support for our troops who have suffered battlefield injuries and trauma. All proceeds from the tournament will go directly to these organizations.
When: Saturday, October 9th, 2010
Where: Silverback Stadium (spaghetti junction)
Atlanta Silverbacks Way, Atlanta GA 30340
What: Rugby for Heroes
Time: See Below
Why: To support and pay tribute to the men and women of our Armed Forces.
Tickets: $10 - available at http://www.ticketalternative.com/Events/12212.aspx or at the gate
Couple things to think about:
1. This only happens once a year
2. These 2 organizations have a direct impact on the lives of men and women wounded overseas.
3. College football can wait - and if it can't - there's probably an app for that
4. Rumor has it there will be an incredible MILITARY FLY-OVER!
5. We're playing in a stadium......with real seats - you won't have to bring a folding chair
6. Plenty of drinks and food
7. As always - there will be a social following the tournament
9am (Stadium) - UNC v. Ga. Southern
9am (Field 1) - Kennesaw St. v. Lee
10am (Stadium) - Camp Lejeune v. Ft. Hood
10am (Field 1) - Ft. Benning v. Cherry Point
11am (Stadium) - Renegade Old Boys v. Bermuda Old Boys
12:30pm (Stadium) - High School Match
12:30pm (Field 1) - College Consolation
1:45pm (Stadium) - College Final
1:45pm (Field 1) - Military Consolation
**3pm (Stadium) - Military Final
**5pm - (Stadium) - Atlanta Renegades RFC v. Boca Raton RFC