Where can I find a list of sanctioned events?
What does it mean to host a USA Rugby sanctioned event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance
- Event hosts ensure that all USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed
How do I apply?
- Complete the tournament sanction application [PDF version] 4 weeks prior to your event.
- Comply with the Sanctioning Agreement
- Comply with the USA Rugby Safety Guidelines
*Please notify USA Rugby Sanctions Department of any addition or changes to participating teams after the four-week deadline.
What if I have questions?
We're here to help you through the process! Don't hesitate to call or email:
- Phone: 303-539-0300 ext 103
Forms & Resources:
- Incident Report Form – General Liability
- Incident Report Form – Participant Accident
- Certificate of Insurance Request
More info on USA Rugby Sanctioning
A USA Rugby sanction is an official designation issued by USA Rugby which approves and licenses the holding of a Rugby Tournament or event outside of regular season competition and practices. The sanction is also a contract, which evidences the event's commitment to follow national and international rules, to ensure all participants are compliant with USA Rugby's rules and regulations and to provide a safe environment for the participants and spectators. Once the event has satisfied the sanction requirements, the event's application for sanction is approved.
Tournament Status – USA Rugby's sanction improves the public's perception of the event. A sanction tells athletes that an event is being run according to applicable competition rules and in accordance with safety guidelines and iRB Laws.
Liability Insurance - Most governmental entities including cities, counties, state highway departments, parks and community centers require general liability insurance for all events. USA Rugby does not charge tournament organizers for its sanction. You may apply for USA Rugby's sanction even if you do not require USA Rugby's Liability Coverage.
Participant Accident Coverage - Any registered member who is injured while participating in a sanctioned event, and is registered prior to injury, will be eligible for secondary accident insurance coverage. This insurance not only provides valuable coverage to members, but it serves as a valuable deterrent to lawsuits. Registered members participating in unsanctioned events may jeopardize coverage with USA Rugby.
Event Promotion - Sanctioned events will be posted on USA Rugby's website.
Send your completed application to:
2500 Arapahoe Ave, Ste 200
Boulder, CO 80302