BOULDER, Colo. - The USA Rugby College Department is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for candidates to serve on the 2014-15 College Management Council (CMC).
The CMC shall consist of at least 10 voting members and up to three (3) non-voting ex-officio members that will represent all levels and regions of college rugby. The CMC’s voting members shall be comprised of the male and the female international athletes, eight regional representatives, USA Rugby administrators, and/or up to three (3) designated representatives, selected to ensure geographic, gender and divisional balance.
“This election signifies another step in the approach that USA Rugby has been taking in the structure of representation throughout college rugby,” USA Rugby Collegiate Director Rich Cortez said. “We are seeking knowledgeable, engaged, open-minded individuals who will seek to work together to solve the myriad of issues facing college rugby in all divisions.
Interested parties must submit a cover letter, serving as a formal notification of interest, and the completed application. The elections timeline is as follows:
- Nominations shall be solicited from each Region beginning Monday, June 9, 2014, and ending Friday, June 27, 2014.
- Each candidate must submit a notification of interest and application to the Director of College Rugby.
- The announcement of nominees will be no later than Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
- Electronic voting shall occur between 8:00 A.M. MST Wednesday, July 2, 2014, and 5:00 P.M. MST Friday, July 18, 2014.
- Each Collegiate Officer shall vote for one candidate, based on majority determination of the individual votes submitted by the League/Conference members, to represent his/her respective Region (voting records of the League/Conference members shall be submitted by the Officer).
- The elected candidate from each region will fill a seat on the College Management Council Representative.
For more information on the College Management Council Representatives qualifications and responsibilities, including the terms of reference, please visit USA Rugby’s College Resources page.