- Conference: Frontier
- Head Coach: Allan Wilson
- Home Field: Ritchie Center
- Contact: email@example.com
AboutPioneer Rugby was founded in the fall of 1968 by Doug Shipp who wished to share the many joys of the sport with others at the University after his experiences with the sport in Canada and California. He interested friends and fellow students to join the club and began developing rugby at the University. To assist with the development of the club, Doug purchased jerseys for all of the members and asked each member to pay for the jersey during the course of the season to develop funds for the club.
We actively recruit players to attend the University of Denver and consider becoming a student-athlete with the rugby program. The University of Denver does not offer scholarships for rugby but will work with interested players to assist with the application and admissions process.
The rugby environment at the University of Denver is excellent for players who make DU their choice. Below are a list of key program components that elevate the student-athlete experience:
- Great coaching staff focused on team success.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Athletic Training and Medical Support
- First Class facilities for rugby including playing and training.
- Great Alumni network
- Great teammates striving to win a national championship.
- Great connections with local clubs including super league, Division I, USA Rugby and more.