Cal State Northridge
- Conference: Southern California
- Head Coach: Christina Alatorre
- Home Field: Cal State Northridge - North Field
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
AboutIn 2010 a group of female student athletes from Cal State University Northridge gathered in an attempt to create a school rugby club. Through the tireless efforts and dedication of freshman, Gillian Chance, the club managed to get everything in order, but CSUN was not yet ready to reintroduce rugby into their sports club program. Instead, they continued to practice rugby on their own. Eventually they were able to secure a coach. They went ahead and registered the team with USA Rugby as, “All Valley Rugby Football Club” nicknamed the Black Roses. They competed against other college teams in the league and finished 8-0. The following year, the Black Roses went on to become officially recognized by the university as the Cal State Northridge Women's Rugby Team, also known as the CSUN Women's Rugby Club. With a league record of 7-1, they soon became Southern California League Champions and competed in USA Rugby's National Championship. Despite having experience, the CSUN women finished 14th in the 2011-12 season. In the 2012-2013 season the CSUN Women continued to be successful and managed a second league championship in Southern California. They went onto USA Rugby National Championship, with a league and post league record of 16-1, they finished in the round of the Elite Eight. In the 2013-14 season the CSUN Women finished 7-1 in league, pacing them second in Southern California. They moved on to the National Championship and earned a place in the final round. They were defeated in the Championship round and earned title as Runner-up.
- 2012 Southern California League Champions
- 2012 Round of 16 National Championship Round
- 2013 Southern California League Champions
- 2013 Elite 8 National Championship Round
- 2014 National Championship Runner UP
- 2014 USA Rugby Women's Collegiate All-American Second Team - Ciarra Waters-Mullen, Gillian Chance, & Kathryn Kargari.