The Cal State University Northridge Women’s Rugby Football Club is seeking a women’s team Backline Coach (Assistant Coach) beginning late August 2013, who will assist in coaching and preparation through the Spring 2014 competitive season. All travel is covered by the team. Candidate must be able follow University polices and procedures. It is preferred for candidates to have experience coaching women’s sides.
The Cal State University Northridge Women’s Rugby Football Club, also known as CSUN, was founded and recognized as a Collegiate Club team in 2011. This Collegiate Club competes under the Southern California Rugby Football Union. In their first year, the CSUN Women went 8 -1 making them Southern California Champions and earning them a slot in the National Champion Sweet 16’s. In the 2012-2013 season, CSUN in their second year, went 10-0 in regular season. During post-season the Women went 4 -1, making it to the National Championship Top 8. In their 3rd year the CSUN Women look forward in continuing their success in Division II, with hopes to compete in Division I in the near future.
The Cal State University Northridge Women’s Rugby Football Club is run under the Associated Students of Cal State Northridge. The team is a student run organization. With a University population of roughly 37,000 students, CSUN hold try-outs in the Fall for the Spring Season. The CSUN roster holds approximately 34 players. In the previous year CSUN has had players invited to Junior All-American and All-American Camps.
This club has had much success in its birth years. It is a growing rugby program with a large amount of support from the University. The CSUN women look forward to continuing on establishing themselves as a competitive rugby team.
Requirements include the following:
- Commitment for Fall 2013 through Spring 2014 (August 2013 through June 2014).
- Able to assist in planning, in cooperation of Head Coach, 2 practices a week. Able attend games on Saturdays or Sundays, which sometimes requires travel.
- Able to manage backline, provide clear instruction, provide advanced skills and techniques while providing a variety of coaching methods for many different experience levels.
- Must be able to follow Universities polices and procedures.
- Knowledge of current USAR laws, playing styles and coaching methods. Able to adapt coaching skills to the needs and goals of the team and have a deep understanding of the game and clear vision for strategy.
- Must be a very strong leader. Able to provide positive coaching, fair assessment/feedback, and have open communication with club officers and players in a positive environment.
Once your resume is received, a representative from the team will contact you with further details and interview information.